Monday, July 26, 2010

Thing #10

It was fairly easy to create an Avatar on Second Life. However, it kept timing out on me within the district wireless so I had to try again at home. Not sure if that is a district issue or the website. Once I had signed in it was easy to navigate through the tutorial screens. I had some difficulty "teleporting". I also somehow mistakenly found my avatar in a "questionable" beach scene! I can see where virtual online worlds are educational and can provide students with experiences they might not otherwise experience. However, I think you have to be proactive on educating students online etiquette as well as what to do when approached in an inapproproate manner. I think the graphics are good as well as the music in the background. I will definitely go back and explore more!

No comments:

Post a Comment